Tuesday, March 3, 2009

2 MONTHS

It's been 2 MONTHS.
Living in Hawaii has had its ups and downs.
Some days I miss Guam, I miss home, I miss family.

Other days I love every bit of my new life out here.

It's been 2 MONTHS.
Leaving Guam behind is still a difficult thing for me to grasp.
I feel guilty being happy out here, loving Hawaii too.
But, I know that no place in the world will ever have my heart the way Guam does.

It's been 2 MONTHS.
Time has crept by, I've already grown so much more.
As time passes, the more I realize just how much I've needed this.
Out here I can just be me, Joy James, without worrying about anything or anyone.

It's been 2 MONTHS.
Hawaii has been so good to me.
Everyday I've done something new, something adventurous, something memorable.
I never realized just how much more life I've had to live.


It's been 2 MONTHS.
Guam is the place I will always call home.
But, for now I know I'm supposed to be right here where I am.
When God closes a door He opens a window...and, I'm feeling the BREEZE!

It's been 2 MONTHS.
Moving and leaving all the comfort behind has made me proud of myself.
I'm not going to say it's been easy because it definitely hasn't.
I'm going to say it has been rewarding and strengthening.

It's been 2 MONTHS.
I have a car, a house, a job back home.
Here in Hawaii I'm still driving around a borrowed mini-van, sleeping at friend's places and looking for a job.
But, I get to sing and live my biggest dream of all.

It's been 2 MONTHS.
Guam and Hawaii are both in my heart.
Each has it's own special qualities, each has good and bad.
But, for now it's Hawaii that is making me smile, making my heart beat again, helping me remember what "joy" is supposed to feel like.

No comments:

Post a Comment